I am Sarah, a surface pattern designer and illustrator. I guess this is where I tell you I’ve been drawing since I was a child and how I have always been artistic. Both very true, but rather than writing a long paragraph, I will break it down like this:
Why I love being a surface pattern designer:
- I get to draw for a living. Who knew? It’s awesome and it’s all I want to do.
- I’m able to work from home. I was never one for getting up early and working at a desk all day. Plus, if I feel like folding a load of laundry or baking cookies in the middle of the day, I do.
- For years, my husband’s career moved us all around the country and I was able to keep working through it all.
- Focusing on new trends and working on new projects keeps me challenged and excited.
- I love other creatives and artists. I love the way they think and I love connecting and working with them.
- I’m totally cool with solitude. I love working away in peace and quiet all by my lonesome.
- It’s fun to see my work out in the world and I love seeing people enjoy it.
A little about me:
- My husband and I have been married for 20 years. We eloped a month after I turned 21. He’s my rock and biggest supporter. I seriously dig him.
- I opened my design studio in 2005 and took on some pretty big clients right from the start. I was beyond nervous, but so excited to learn.
- I am a mother to two creative little humans. Both girls who were born the same day, four years apart…not planned that way and, yes, they have learned to share their birthday.
- I love dogs, any and all. Our little yorkie, Jack, keeps me company while I work.
- I love watching murder mysteries while I draw. Columbo, Monk, Psych and Murder She Wrote are some of my favs.
If you read through all of this, well then, you know a little more about me. If you want to say “Hi”, collaborate or work with me, head on over to the contact page to get in touch already. I’d love to hear from you!